Sunday, 14th September 2014
- On 31st August 1957, Tanah Melayu gained independence. It comprises 3 political regions; Straits Settlement, Federated of Malay States and the Un-federated Malay States. The new nation-state was called the Federation of Malaya governed by a Federal Constitution of 1957.
- Through the Malaysia Solidarity Consultative Committee Report, the Sarawak Government's White Paper, the Cobbold Commission Report and Inter-Governmental Committee Report which together constituted the Malaysia Agreement (commonly known as the 18 & 20 Points Agreement), the agreement was signed and the 4 independent territories came together and became known as the Federation of Malaysia.
- We believe that this coming together was not by coincidence or by chance. This was the sovereign will and wider purpose of God for the whole nation of Malaysia.
- We are therefore reminded by the words in Acts 17:26-27,
And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, that they should seek God, and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him.
- God intended the people in this nation to be a multi-cultural-plural society with everyone having the privilege and opportunity to know Him and to worship Him.
- It is privilege because in the diversity of ethnicity and culture, we are able to find a common destiny for the nation, thus fulfilling the words of Jesus’s prayer, “thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven”. It is an opportunity because in the interaction with one another freely, those who do not know Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour will find the one true and living God and the purposes for which the glory of God will be displayed.
- As a nation and people belonging to a nation as well as a people belonging to the kingdom of God, we hereby pray as follows:
- We declare and pray that the Rukun Negara shall be our guiding philosophy and that the Federal Constitution shall be the supreme law in the nation and all citizens have equal protection under the law and that all fundamental liberties shall be uphold and protected.
- We declare and pray that we as Malaysian citizens shall pledge to live together as one nation respecting and honouring each other with different ethnicity and in different walks of life, always promoting a common good amongst one another for the good of all and to the glory of God our Creator.
- We declare and pray that as God is always faithful and His Words declares, we shall be a “chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that we may declare the praises of him who called us out of darkness into his wonderful light. (1 Peter 2:9).
- NOW in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, we do hereby declare that as from the seventeenth day of September in the year two thousand and fourteen, and by the Grace of God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, we shall consecrate ourselves before the LORD God Almighty as we enter into the 52nd year of Malaysia as a nation-state, we shall through faith, hope and love embrace and uplift a Malaysia which is true and just to all her people and for all her people to the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ.